Last Updated on September 21, 2022 by Olivia Anderson
A blocked drain can be a major inconvenience. It can cause water to back up in your sink, shower, or toilet, and it can make your home or office smell unpleasant. A blocked drain can also lead to flooding if it’s not fixed quickly. If you have a blocked drain, you will need to hire a drain unblocking service to clear it. But what exactly is a drain unblocking? And how much does it cost? In this article, we will answer all of your questions about drain unblocking. We will also give you some tips on how to prevent your drains from becoming blocked in the first place.
What Causes Drains To Become Blocked?
Leaves and other huge things can fall into the drain and block it. Food particles and hairs can be a major cause of a pipe or drain blockage. If you don’t clean your pipes regularly, they can get clogged and cause a blockage. Also, if the pipes in your home are old or made from a material that breaks down easily, they may start to break down and cause a blockage.
If you have tree roots growing near your pipes, they may break through the pipes and cause a blockage. If you use too much toilet paper, you may cause a blockage in the pipes. You may also cause a blockage by pouring grease down the drain or pouring cooking oils or fats down the sink. Blocked drains can cause several problems. They can cause flooding, they can make your home or office smell bad, and they can damage nearby property.
How Can I Prevent My Drains From Becoming Blocked?
If you want to prevent your drains from becoming blocked, you’ll have to take care of them. Here are a few ways to prevent blocked drains.
- Take care of your plumbing – Regularly clean your pipes by clearing out any debris that has been collected inside them. If you notice that your pipes are made of a material that breaks down easily, have them replaced as soon as possible.
- Don’t pour grease down your drains – Grease and oil can build up in your pipes and cause a blockage. It can also make your pipes smell bad.
- Don’t pour cooking oils or fats down your sink – Cooking oils and fats will build up in your pipes and cause a blockage.
- Don’t pour toilet paper down the drain – If you put toilet paper down the toilet, it can cause a blockage. It’s also a bad idea because it won’t break down in the same way toilet paper does.
- Don’t flush diapers down the toilet – Unlike toilet paper, diapers aren’t biodegradable. They will cause a blockage in your pipes and have to be removed with a sewage snake.
- Use less water – Having lots of water in your pipes can cause a blockage. This can happen both indoors and outdoors, especially if you have an outdoor faucet.
- Use a strainer to catch leaves and other debris – Having leaves and other debris in your sink can cause a blockage. You can prevent this by installing a strainer in your sink.
- Use garbage disposal – While garbage disposals can be very convenient, they can cause problems if you don’t clean them regularly.
How Do I Know If I Need A Drain Unblocking Service?
If your drain becomes blocked and you have a slow drip or a low-pressure flow, you need to call a professional drain unblocking. If your drain is completely blocked, you’ll also need to call a professional service. You may be able to clear the blockage yourself with a few simple tools. Check your local hardware store to find the right tools for your specific situation. You can also try using the BACK TO FRONT method. This method works on slow drips and low-pressure flows, too. It involves clearing your drain in the wrong direction. You’ll start with the drain furthest from the main source of water.
You will use a wet-dry vacuum to suck out the water from the furthest drain. After you have cleared the furthest drain, you will clear the next drain in the system. Once you have cleared all the drains in the system, you will be able to clear the main drain. You should call a professional service if clearing the blockage doesn’t work.
What Can I Do To Prevent My Drains From Becoming Blocked Again?
You have to get regular maintenance drain cleaning services to avoid huge loss and clean your drains regularly. You can do this with a drain cleaner or a plunger. After you have cleared your drains and pipes, you can protect them further. You can use drain guards to catch leaves and other debris before they can get stuck in your pipes. You should also make sure to use baking soda and vinegar to clean your drains. This can prevent your drains from becoming blocked.
What Does A Professional Drain Unblocking Service Do?
A professional drain unblocking service will clear away any debris blocking your drain. They will use different tools to clear the blockage, depending on the situation. Use a water jet to break up the blockage. They may use a sewer rod to clear blockages further down the pipes. A professional may also use a hydro-jetter to clear really tough blockages. After clearing the blockage, the professionals will use a sewer camera to make sure there’s nothing left in your pipes. If the professionals find that your pipes are badly damaged, they will recommend that you call a plumber to repair or replace the pipes.