Last Updated on September 26, 2022 by Olivia Anderson
Want to know more about the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for reinstalling and rebuilding damaged QuickBooks desktops? The QuickBooks clean install tool and its operation are described in this article. The steps in this article are related to one another, and they are illustrated with pictures to aid comprehension. Read the entire article to keep your knowledge up to date and to be able to complete it on your own.
This problem cannot be resolved with a simple re-install; the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is required to repair damaged QuickBooks desktop functions. To resolve the issue, rename the Desktop Un-Installed folder to ‘QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.’ Then, after replacing the installation file, reinstall the application. QuickBooks clean installs and cleanly uninstalls are the terms used to describe both processes.
A clean install fix assists you in dealing with issues such as being unable to open your company’s file, display and template issues, and other situations. It is successful in your computer’s QuickBooks system files. You can rest assured that a clean install tool will not harm your accounting files, such as your company file, or any other data you have.
When to Use the QuickBooks Removal Tool?
Before using the QuickBooks Removal Tool, you must completely uninstall QuickBooks. When you receive notifications to download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, you may encounter some of the following common problems.
- Opening several companies’ files result in an error.
- Accounting software shows installation issues.
- You were unable to remove frequently occurring error codes by reinstalling Simple QuickBooks.
How to Use the Clean Install Tool for QuickBooks?
Quickbooks clean install tool is basically used to resolve many errors like error 1603 Quickbooks, Quickbooks error 15215, Quickbooks error h505, and so on.
The first step is to gather all of the QuickBooks product data:
- Download the correct QuickBooks installation version.
- Take note of the license number. It must be stated on the original packaging or, if you purchased the digital version, in the email you received after making your purchase.
- To defend your efforts, record the year and edition of your product and create a backup of your company file.
Step 1: Remove the desktop version of QuickBooks
- Open the Start Menu tab. Locate the “Control Panel” and click it to open it.
- Uninstall a Program is located in Programs and Features.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks Desktop that is giving you problems from this lengthy list of installed programs.
- After selecting that version, click Uninstall/Change and follow all of the prompts on the screen. You must sign out of the current account and sign back into Windows as the administrator if you cannot see this option (or as a user with admin rights).
Step 2: Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub after downloading it.
- Quit QuickBooks and download Tool Hub; save it in a location where it will be easy to find (like downloads or desktop folders).
- Install QuickBooksToolHub.exe by running the downloaded file and following the on-screen directions. Moreover, before installing, you must agree to all of the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the tool to launch it after installation. If you cannot find this tool, type QuickBooks Tool Hub into the Windows search box and select the desired result.
Step 3: Launch the Clean Install Tool for QuickBooks
- The Clean Install utility renames the old install folder. When you perform a restore, QuickBooks is able to add new installation files.
- Click Installation Issues in the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Click OK after selecting Clean Install Tool.
- Choose QuickBooks and product versions, then click Continue.
- When the message “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears, press OK.
In this article, we will cover all the steps to use the QB clean install tool. We hope you can easily understand this article and easily used this tool.